Monday, June 19, 2006

Okay, They loved my Puerto Rican hair.......


This is the little girl, that just wouldn't let me go the whole time I was there. This is her brother. They are children of the widow that I mention below.


I returned from Haiti. What an experience. I think every American should visit Haiti, just so that we can appreciate our homes, families, and our country. It's a reality check.

Here are some photos from my trip. We visited many orphanages. The children where so excited to see someone who cared. It literally broke my heart to see so many children with out there loved ones. Children without clothes. There was a widow of 3 children that just broke my heart. Her baby that is one years old had a fever and worms. I prayed for her and her baby. The fever left the baby. I was able to give them clothes, toiletries,etc. I asked them how much is there rent. They apparently rent there houses that are about 10 x 10. She said(through an interpeter) that it is $80.00 american dollars for 6 months. So, $160.00 would pay her rent for one year.

I realize that everything happens for a reason. There is a reason that you and I are in America and not living in Haiti.

Be thankful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home